SO I have been on uni holidays and have been working and taking it easy, and needed a break from writing in all areas of my life. Next semester is going to be crazy for me, so I feel I deserved a break. Here today though, I have a post I am proud of – I have finished a lot of products lately YAY!!
~ ~ ~
1. Kiehl’s Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter. This was actually amazing, and if I didn’t already have a gazillion body creams waiting in line, I would definitely purchase, even for the scent alone.
2. Perfect Potion Detox Body Buff. Post here. Would definitely repurchase!
3. Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. Original post here. Would also definitely repurchase this, as it was super effective on my terrible split and dry ends while giving a heap of shine without weighing my hair down.
4. Soap & Glory Scrub of your Life. This was so so. I am glad I only bought the travel size. Was medium strength but very chemical based fragrance.
5. L’Occitane Rose Jardin Delice Eau de Toilette. This was a limited edition soft floral rose fragrance with red berries. Was nice enough, but as per usual, I got bored with the scent after a while. I am proud of myself for using it up instead of just disposing of it though, so it must have been alright!!
6. The Saem Almond Sugar Scrub. I wish I could purchase this again, it was amazing. The sugar melted into skin to soften and there were almond pieces that exfoliated. The scent was gorgeous and left my skin so soft and hydrated. The Saem is a Korean brand and I purchased this in Vietnam.
7. Ella Baché Intensive Balancing Lotion. This was not the worst product I have ever tried, but it was pretty terrible. It was supposed to help with breakouts, but to be honest all it did was break me out, continuously. I tried it a few times for extended periods thinking that was the normal reaction but I think it just wasn’t great for my skin. (This seems to be true for a lot of Ella Baché products for my skin – waahhh.) This is actually half full and I am just going to throw it away.
8. Burt’s Bees Radiance Serum. This had to be the worst product I had ever tried. MOST HORRIBLE PRODUCT EVER would actually be a fair description. The scent reminded me of pure chemicals, like something you’d use to disinfect a kitchen, which was really surprising. Although it instructed to use ‘2-3 drops’ over face and neck, I needed at least 6-8 drops to cover anything, meaning I would have used this up in a very short time period. It was not moisturising at all, it just disappeared into skin. Basically, the fragrance was too much for me, and I ended up tipping most of it down the sink – happily I might add.
9. Kiehl’s Actively Correcting BB Cream. Hmmm. This sounded great but the consistency was awful. I would not actually purchase this. It was effective in coverage, but the fragrance was yuck and it was way too sticky for my liking.
10. Aveda Light Inner Light Concealer. This was amazing, and I had it for ages. The best thing for under the eyes and actually everywhere to be honest. Will purchase again after I have used up my current concealer.
11. Lancôme Teint Idole Silky Matt. Amazing. I have already repurchased. Such a silky finish and great day to night coverage. Highly recommended for combination skin types.
12. Botanics of Australia Foaming Cleanser. This was $4 at Kmart, and it rocked my socks. Cleansers are something I think silly for myself to spend much money on, and this did the trick, completely removing make-up and never drying out my skin, even though it was reasonably highly foaming. It was surprisingly great!
~ ~ ~